The dominant church of Agios Spyridon at the entrance of the port of Elafonisos is a point of reference for the island. The church was built on a rocky island with cedar trees and which connects to the island by a small bridge.
The patron saint of Elafonisos, Saint Spyridon, church was built by the first inhabitants of the island. They came from Mani in Elafonisos around 1858. The church renovated in 1862. In an inscription, we read “the founders of Paschalis Gerakaris and Florousa Dragonitsa his wife”. The Saint himself imposed his presence on the island, but also the point of reconstruction of the temple. It is the only historical holy monument on the island.